3-Bean, Quinoa & Broccoli Salad
This recipe is packed with healthy plant protein, contains lots of fresh veg and is topped off with some crunchy seeds.
200g mixed beans* (I used kidney beans*, cannellini beans* and pinto beans*)
1 cup quinoa*
1 tbsp vegetable bouillon*
50g mixed seeds* (I used sunflower seeds*, pumpkin seeds* and sesame seeds*)
2 tbsp tahini*
1 tbsp garlic olive oil*
1 head of broccoli
Squeeze of lemon
All ingredients with an * can be found at Scoop Wholefoods
- Soak the beans overnight, then boil in plenty of water for about 1.5-2 hours, until tender.
- Place the quinoa, vegetable bouillon and 2 cups of water into a pot. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 15-20 mins under the water has been soaked up.
- Steam the broccoli.
- Lightly toast the seeds for a couple of minutes
- To make the dressing simply mix the tahini, olive oil together and a squeeze of lemon. If not using garlic olive oil, add half a clove of garlic too.
- When all the individual elements are done, simply mix the salad together.