- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a small bowl, add 3 tbsp of water to the flaxseed and set aside for a few mins. The flaxseed with absorb the water and become thick. This will act as a binding agent as you would expect from an egg.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the banana and combine with the peanut butter, maple syrup and the vanilla extract.
- Add the flaxseed mixture and combine.
- Add the oats, quinoa flakes, chia seeds, baking powder, cinnamon and salt and mix until combined.
- Chop up the chocolate into small chunks and add to the cookie mixture.
- Chop up the walnuts into small chunks and add to the mixture.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Add spoonfuls of batter onto the baking tray, making sure there is enough space between each cookie so that when they expand a little they do not touch.
- Place a banana chip on the top of each cookie.
- Bake for 18-20 mins until the edges start to brown a little.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 mins before transferring to a wire cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
Chunky Chocolate Chip Cookies
Guilt free(ish) chunky chocolate chip cookies that you will love. Lots of healthy ingredients make for cookies with nutritional value and all of the delicious points. And they’re 100% vegan and gluten free. They are also great for little monkeys too!
- 1 tbsp flaxseed (+ 3 tbsp water)*
- ½ cup crunchy peanut butter*
- 1 banana
- ¼ cup maple syrup *
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup oats*
- ½ cup quinoa flakes*
- 1 tsp baking powder*
- 1 tsp cinnamon*
- 1 tsp salt*
- 50g dark chocolate*
- 2 tbsp chia seeds*
- ½ cup walnuts*
- 12 banana chips (optional)*
All ingredients with an * can be found at Scoop Wholefoods.
Click here to shop online from our Bath shop
Click here to shop online from our Bristol shop
Check out more of our lovely recipes here