Delicious and nutritious homemade Granola Bars. Forget highly processed bars that are choked in plastic. These are quick and easy to make, taste delicious and are actually good for you.
200g GF Oats
135g Mixed Nuts (I used almonds, hazelnuts and pistachios)
2 tbsp Coconut Oil
125ml (1/2 cup) Raw Honey
125ml (1/2 cup) Tahini
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
100g Dried Fruit (I used apricots and prunes)
55g Puffed Cereal (I used rice and buckwheat)
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
1. Lay out the oats and nuts on a baking tray and toast them in the oven until golden. It should take around 10-15 mins at 180C.
2. In a small saucepan melt the coconut oil, honey, tahini and vanilla on a low heat. Mix until well combined.
3. In a large bowl combine the oats, nuts, dried fruit, puffed cereal and salt. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry and stir quickly.
4. Spoon the mixture into a lined brownie tin, using wet hands press down firmly until well compacted.
5. Set in the fridge for a few hours to firm up then remove and slice into 14 bars. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 2 weeks.