Back to Recipes
Lentil & Kidney Bean Roast
The perfect vegan alternative to a roast. It is also nut-free and can easily be made as gluten free (use GF oats) and is therefore suitable for all dietary requirements.
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil*
- 1 small onion, minced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 5-6 chestnut or button medium mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot grated
- 100g dried kidney beans, cooked*
- 100g puy lentils, cooked*
- 1 tbsp tamari*
- 2 tbsp mixed dried herbs*
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast*
- Black pepper, to taste
- 135 g rolled oats,*
All ingredients with an * can be found at Scoop Wholefoods
- Preheat oven to 180c and line a loaf tin with greaseproof paper.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and sauté the onion and garlic until soft. Add the mushroom and carrot and cook for another 5 minutes until softened.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and use a masher to combine. Don’t over-mash, just enough so that the mixture comes together. Add a drop of water if the mixture is too dry, if it’s too wet, add more oats.
- Transfer the mixture into the loaf tin and cook for 40-45 minutes until the outside develops a crust and the inside is firm.