The ultimate healthy dinner. Vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free and carb free if served with spaghetti squash instead of pasta.
200g Puy Lentils*
1 tsp Vegetable Bouillon*
1 large onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, crushed
10 sun-dried tomatoes*
1 tsp oregano*
1 tsp chilli flakes*
1 large jar passata*
2 tbsp tomato concentrate
- Cover the lentils generously in water and bring to the boil. Allow to simmer for around 30 mins.
- Sauté the onion until soft, add the garlic cloves a d sauté for another couple of minutes. Add the oregano and chilli flakes.
- Add the tomato concentrate, mix well, then add 1 large jar of passata (or two tins). Add the vegetable bouillon.
- Allow to simmer on a low heat until the sauces reduces – around 30 mins.
- Cover the sun-dried tomatoes in a little water, bring to the boil for a minute or two. Remove from the heat and allow to rehydrate for 10 mins. Rinse well then chop up finely.
- Chop up the olives.
- Once the lentils are done and the sauce had reduced combine all the elements together.
- Serve with any pasta, or for a carb free version try spaghetti squash!