Malthouse Sourdough Bread
A delicious sourdough that doesn’t require any kneading. You must have an active sourdough starter for this recipe. All ingredients can be found at Scoop Wholefoods
300g strong white flour*
220g malthouse flour*
12g sea salt*
handful mixed seeds (optional)*
All ingredients with an * can be found at Scoop Wholefoods.
After months working on perfecting this loaf (during lockdown) I am finally really happy with the result.
- Mix the flour and salt together in a large bowl.
- Mix the water and starter together, then add to the dry ingredients.
- Combine them into a shaggy dough and allow to rest for 15 mins.
- ‘Stretch & Fold’ the dough every 15 minutes, repeat this 2 or 3 times.
- Cover with a damp cloth and leave to rest for 8-12 hours, ideally overnight.
- In the morning, transfer the mixture into a bowl lined with parchment paper, top with seeds and leave in the fridge for an hour.
- Place a dutch oven in the oven during this time to really heat up.
- After an hour, transfer the dough in the parchment paper to the hot dutch oven.
- Cover, and cook for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes uncover and cook for a further 15-20 mins, until golden.
Follow this link for more details and videos on the method: