Roast Vegetable & Quinoa Salad
Quinoa is a great source of protein & fibre as well as a great variety of micro nutrients. It is the ideal base for a healthy salad. You can keep this recipe very simple or add lots of optional extras available at Scoop.
- 1/2 cup tri coloured quinoa
- 4 brussel sprouts, sliced in half
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 cup diced pumpkin
- 1/2 a small chopped courgette
- 1 cup leafy greens
- 1/2 cup cooked chickpeas
- 2 tbsp pesto
- Juice of 1/2 a large lemon
- Olive Oil
- Sea salt
- Optional toppings - pepitas, sunflower seeds, activated buckwheat, tamari almonds, sauerkraut
Preheat an oven to 180°C and chop the vegetables into large pieces and place in a roasting tray/dish. Coat the vegetables in a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of sea salt. Cook for approximately 30 minutes or until desired. Whilst the vegetables are cooking, rinse the quinoa then add to a saucepan with 1 cup of water. Bring to the boil then simmer with the lid on until all the water has been absorbed. Once the vegetables and quinoa are cooked leave to cool for 10 minutes. Toss quinoa, vegetables, leafy greens, pesto and lemon juice in a large bowl. Top with desired seeds, nuts or sauerkraut.