Spinach, Kale and Moringa Dahl
Try this delicious, fibre rich and gut healing superfood dahl recipe. It’s anti-inflammatory and packed full of vitamins, minerals, protein and amino acids.
2 heaped tsp Moringa powder
2 tsp coconut oil or ghee
1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 cup red split lentils
200ml coconut cream
1Ltr vegetable stock or chicken bone broth
1 large handful baby spinach
1 large handful chopped Tuscan kale
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground turmeric
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground coriander
A pinch of dried curry leaves
1/2 - 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
A small bunch of fresh coriander
Salt & pepper
- Heat the ghee or oil in a large saucepan.
- Add the onion and sauté until soft.
- Add the garlic and chopped coriander stalks only and cook for approx 1 min before adding the cumin, turmeric, ginger, ground coriander, curry leaves and chilli flakes.
- Cook and stir through for a further minute, then add lentils and cook for another minute.
- Add the coconut cream and the vegetable stock and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and leave to simmer for approx 10 mins.
- Stir in the spinach and kale and leave to simmer for approx 40 mins, stirring occasionally to prevent the lentils from sticking adding more hot water if needed.
- Stir in the moringa powder 5 mins before the end of cooking time as well as salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the lentils are soft and have a nice creamy consistency, remove from the heat and stir through the coriander leaves, leaving a few for garnish. Serve hot!